Tuesday, August 21, 2012

JAB 4


I've had this little quilt for a while now... trying to work out what to put on it.  For some reason I just couldn't get it together and be happy with a design.  It belongs to Julie and was designed by Ann, her mum.  We had a little thing going for a while with Julie making, Ann designing and me quilting (hence the JAB title), but we haven't done one for a while due to work, kids, life etc.  And me being slow to be inspired!


Anyway, the time came and I just had to start - Julie thought I had lost it, but no, it was still faithfully hanging on my wall waiting for inspiration.


It is quilted entirely freehand, with the use of rulers for the SID, but the rest I made up as I went along.


I think it has come out OK.  I do like the border design though, might need to refine it for another quilt.


I think Julie's next problem is finding the bind......I know that isn't in my room!!:)

Enjoy
Belinda

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see you blogging again. I was giving up hope!
    Beautiful work as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilting! I love the pebbling.

    ReplyDelete