Friday, February 3, 2012

In My Garden


I have been doing my own stuff during January, but now I am back to work with this beauty. It is called In My Garden by Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched in Bathurst and was made by Dawnie.





I quilted the original for Anni, but had forgotten how lovely the little details in this quilt were. There are snails, birds, flowers, chooks, butterflies and dragonflies, amongst other creatures and plants.




I think my fav block is the pear trees, just lovely.

It is quilted entirely freehand with some ruler work for the SID and I had a lot of fun with the swirls and leaves and other little details.



I have managed to finish some of my own quilts, one of which (my Jacqueline de Jong quilt which I started in a class with her the year before last), I am stitching the binding down on now, and then to put on some bling. I love bling, and look forward to putting as many crystals on this quilt as possible. I will post pics when it is done.
Enjoy
Belinda

1 comment:

  1. Thanknyou Belinda for doing an amazing job with your freehand quilting love all the little compliments u have done like the rays on the sun . I am so delighted with the whole project first to Anni for the design, then to you for adding the perfect finishing touches. It was such a joy to stitch to

    ReplyDelete