Friday, November 2, 2012

Dresden plate in purple

 
I have had this lovely in my studio waiting for inspiration for a while, so I thought I needed to get it done.  Marg wasn't in a hurry, a "just whenever" quilting job.
 
 
 
It is quilted with a mix of freehand and statler quilting designs.  Actually the only freehand was the SID around the plates and the blocks themselves, and then I had a little play with the computer program to see what I could come up with.
 
 
The design in the plates is by Joanne Knott called Dragon fly rose single  The background line design is by Kim Diamond (trim bkg sq 001) using the trim function, and an echo of the block outline.  The sashing design is by Tammy Finkler, called 1266 Feather2 sash
 
 
The outside border was quilted using a design by Keryn Emmerson called Peyton Heart border.  This was a huge plain cream border, and the design fitted the space perfectly.  It is quilted with variegated purple Aurilux thread.
 
Enjoy
Belinda

1 comment:

  1. Nice combination of patterns..have been looking for a pattern to go into a dresden...that looks great!

    ReplyDelete