Friday, October 22, 2010

Civil War Crossings




This is another one of my bind-on-not-stitched-down quilts called Civil War Crossings. It is a pattern by Eula Parris Smith and Barbara Brackman and was published in QNM Nov 2008 (p. 90). When I saw this I knew I had to make it, and its only taken 18 months to do (its been finished for a couple of months now).
I made it in scrappy browns, pinks and a blue; with the inset triangle fabric another one of those pieces one buys without knowing what they are going to do with it. It's probably not technically correct to have a birdie toile-y fabric in with civil war designs, but I liked the colour and the finish. It is quilted with an all over clam by Kay Oft. And the picture is sideways - sorry about that - but you get the idea



Last weekend it snowed. Enough said about that. The sheep and chooks were less than impressed, as were we trekking out into the sideways weather to go to a bass rehearsal.


This weekend is forecast rain for Saturday. Kate and I are heading off to a craft day at the Kenna Hall in Hill Street (if you're in Orange and have nothing to do). It is being organised by our friend Ruthie who is fundraising money for a memorial garden/contemplative spot to go and be peaceful. If you're around and can make it, come and say hi.
See you later
Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment