Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Double Delight






This is a Double Delight rose which is in our rose garden - the flower is a little ratty as it was taken at the end of last season and had dealt with heat and wind, but the scent and colours are just fabulous! One of my most favourite roses.


This is my Double Delight quilt which was designed by Bonnie of Quiltville (www.quiltville.com) and was run as a mystery last year. I made it out of my stash (with only a little enhancing having to take place)! The outside fabric is a dragonfly and floral fabric which I bought from Spotlight having loved it when I saw it. I had no idea what I would do it it, but it was perfect for this quilt. I quilted it using Anne Bright's Rose Bouquet b2b. I love this pattern too, but this is the first quilt I have had the opportunity to use it on. It is not quite finished as I have to stitch the bind down, but I'll get there.










Bonnie will be running another mystery quilt soon, so I'm looking forward to a big quilt with lots of tiny little pieces! Perfect . I have made several of her mystery quilts and they always come out looking great.
My quilt holder-upperer was a little shy.....
See you later
Belinda

2 comments:

  1. So lovely to see one of your quilts Belinda - it is a beauty! Yikes, all those tiny pieces. And the quilting, as always, suits it perfectly. Congratulations on the second place in Adelaide. Can't imagine how amazing 1st place was, if yours came second. It was magnificent. Big hello to the holder-upperer! Great photo! Ros x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's lovely!! Thank you so much for sending me your blog address! I love seeing how different they turn up, and I loved seeing the double delight rose from your garden as well!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete