Thursday, March 3, 2011

A flower garden


I found these 2 floral pictures on my computer this morning looking for something else, and I had forgotten how much I like them. The first is a little dandelion (I think) and I remember getting up close and personal with it - and fighting off the dogs who wanted to get in amongst the picture too!
The second is the result of me playing with the light settings on my new camera. Love it!
Anyway, moving on to another type of garden, a hand pieced grandmother's flower garden quilt - the first quilt for Carol and it is just gorgeous.


It is a little large to lay out on my floor (!) so I got my dearly beloved to stand on the table and hold it up to get this picture. Each flower has a floral ring and then a plain ring. Just lovely.


I quilted it with continuous curves in the cream paths and then a feather wreath design by Keryn Emerson in the flowers. Simple and not overpowering to the simplicity of this design. It is now in the mail back to her for her monster task of binding....
This last pic is for Eleanor who has been asking for at least one pic of my blocks from the Kim McLean class last month. I have finished another one and have another 4 at different stages on the go, so I haven't been totally slack.


And what would a picture be without the lovely Indiana in it too.....
Enjoy
Belinda




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the photo. Lovely work as usual. Love the GFG quilt too. El

    ReplyDelete