Saturday, March 5, 2011

Morganne's quilt


I quilted this beauty for my friend Morgie - her mum made it as a birthday present for her and it has exquisitely stitched sewing machines all over it. The amount of work in each block is amazing and her stitching is perfect.



I quilted it using both the freehand and computerised machines - the outside border is a pattern by Keryn Emerson called Arabesque. The mustard border has freehand leaves, and the Irish chain blocks have line dancing and leaves in them - you can't see much as I have used black thread.

The stitchery blocks have a One Song Needle Arts Frame called Tea and Roses Block29 with just a simple circle inside. The machines have have SID around them.



These last two pics are Ann and I at the photographer's getting some quilt pics done professionally. Ann's DH took the pics with my camera.


It was interesting to see how someone who knows what he is doing work!



Enjoy
Belinda



No comments:

Post a Comment