Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Double wedding ring

 
Sorry about the terrible colour in these pics, I couldn't manage a close up with the right colours.  Obviously I can't use my camera properly.
 
Anyway this beauty was made by Marg for a family wedding. It is pieced both by hand and machine and hasn't she done a great job?

 
It is quilted both freehand and on the Statler.  The freehand is the SID and the continuous curve in the rings. 

 
In the navy sections I used 2 designs - the large design is by Anne Bright and is called dwr trellis vines; I'm not sure who designed the smaller pattern but it is a small circle design which fills the space perfectly.

 
I used charcoal wadding in this quilt because it is so dark.  The backing is a tie dye navy blue with hints of purple and pink in it.
 
Enjoy
 
Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment