Thursday, February 3, 2011

Judy's quilt and other stuff


This is another one of Judy's, she is a newish quilter but very prolific and I enjoy seeing which designs she is going to do next. Isn't this simple rail fence effective? I like the browns and black in it, and the design is lovely too.


Anyway, it is for a male, so I have quilted it with one of Kerryn Emmerson's designs, called "Darra" with about a 16 pattern height and isn't it fabulous!

These last two pics are the flowering Agapanthus which were in full flower when we came home from LA. I got a little carried away with the camera seeing how close I could get!







We're waking up this morning seeing pictures of the devastation from Tropical Cyclone Yasi in Far North Qld, a Category 5 Tropical Cyclone which crossed the coast at Mission Beach and Tully at about midnight last night - Queensland has had a very rough beginning to 2011. Many many years ago I went to James Cook Uni in Townsville, and luckily nothing like this happened way back then, so I am watching the TV and hoping that it will be OK for them.
Belinda


No comments:

Post a Comment